Welcome to Cycle 6 of The 30 Goals Challenge: Inspire Forward!
“How am I going to live today in order to create the tomorrow I’m committed to?” – Anthony Robbins
Each year, teachers worldwide aim to accomplish 1 to 30 goals that transform their teaching. Join the movement by accomplishing any goal from any of the cycles then letting us know through a reflection or status update on our Facebook community, Twitter (#30GoalsEdu), or Instagram.com/30goals.
We also post new/former goals each year that you can choose to accomplish with several of us. Below is the first goal of 2015. This year, we also have the additional challenge of using our accomplishments to inspire other teachers and students. For example, if you choose a personal theme song, we challenge you to send your song to another teacher to uplift them, share a lesson with another teacher in your department, or encourage your students to pass their high fives forward. It’s all about spreading inspiration in our schools and communities.
To help you accomplish the goal and inspire forward:
- We are visualizing goals. Buncee has created some visual representations of our goals that I will be sharing.
- We have badges you can place on your blog or portfolio to show you accomplished the goal. Join the free Badgelist group for the 30 Goals to access your badges.
- Join the 30Goals Facebook group, Facebook.com/groups/30Goals, to connect with inspiring teachers worldwide.
- Follow us at Instagram where we will post participant reflections, achievements, and inspirational quotes to help you achieve your goals, Instagram.com/30goals.
- We will also share participant reflections in this free digital magazine, http://flip.it/4pveN. Tweet with the #30GoalsEdu hashtag or post to the Facebook group to get your reflections posted.
- Check out our Inspire Leaders for 2014 and sign up to be an Inspire Leader for 2015. Inspire Leaders help support our community in many ways- give badges, suggest goals, present at the 30 Goals online conference, and give away free copies to participants. They are also well loved by our participants and the strength behind our community. You don’t need any experience to sign up, just a big heart. You also don’t have to participate in every goal, just help the way you choose. If you are interested, please fill out this form.
- Stay tuned for how you can participate in our free online conference that will feature keynotes and presentations from our Inspire Leaders and participants. The conference will take place June 15 to 23rd, 2015.
- Follow the 30Goals.com site where we will share all these free resources and communities.
- You can purchase the 30 Goals Challenge for Teachers book and workbook here, http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415735346/. Purchasing the book isn’t a requirement, but you will get to listen to my personal stories and inspiration behind each goal. You’ll also get additional reflection exercises and forms to support you.
Goal: Support a Movement
The first goal of cycle 6 is to Support a Movement.
To accomplish this goal, post about the movements you are participating in and invite others in your network to join. Paste a link, screenshot, or tell us about how you accomplished the goal and claim your badge at Badgelist.com/30goals/support-a-movement.
Accomplishing this challenge supports the following goals in the book:
- Join an Online Educator Community and Develop a PLN
- Make a Global Connection
- Collaborate with Colleagues
If you enjoyed these ideas, you may want to get your copy of The 30 Goals for Teachers or my $5.99 ebook, Learning to Go, which has digital/mobile activities for any device and editable/printable handouts and rubrics. Subscribe for FREE to receive regular updates!