Welcome to Cycle 3 of the 30 Goals Challenge for Educators: Dare to Believe! Please visit the 2013 Cycle!
Over 9000 educators have joined the The 30 Goals Challenge since January 2010. You have the opportunity to join our community of educators throughout the next 12 months as we aim to accomplish 30 short-term goals related to education. These are short-term goals we reflect on and see how they help us aim towards long-term goals to make us better educators. We support each other through various social networks, Facebook, Youtube, GooglePlus, Twitter, and blogs.
Throughout 2012, I will share in this blog the new set of 30 goals with you through very short blog posts and videos here in this blog and also on this LiveBinder that is embedded below. If you choose, you can accomplish the same 1 to 2 goals a week with many members of our community. We hope that you will post your reflections in a blog but you can always leave a comment instead or an update on Facebook, GooglePlus, or Twitter.
Cycle 3 Changes
Each year, we try to find better ways to accomplish the goals. This year we will focus on accomplishing 1 to 2 goals a week. This way we can focus more on our community and supporting each other through comments and community building activities. We hope that this will also give you time to read other participants’ thoughts, reflections, problems, and achievements.
We also adopted the theme, Dare to Believe. Each goal will focus on getting educators to believe their plans of action will lead to positive change in their environments.
How Do You Participate?
You can choose to accomplish cycle 3′s 2012 goals, the 2011 goals, the 2010 goals, or a mixture of each. You can also choose to accomplish all the goals or a few of the goals. You can also choose to do this in any order you wish. You will find community members in all the social networks accomplishing different goals at their own pace. Each year, a group of us will try to accomplish most of the 30 goals throughout January to April so that we do it together.
After accomplishing the goal, post your reflection of what you learned, how it impacted your teaching, and how it impacted your students by:
- adding a comment on this blog (feel free to list any links related to your accomplishment of the goal)
- add a video blog as a response on The 30 Goals Youtube Playlist
- just record it off your webcam and tell us your thoughts! We’ll add these to the Facebook group, the Twitter feed, and the GooglePlus page!
- add updates to the 30 Goals Facebook group
- add updates to the 30 Goals GooglePlus page
- add a comment or link through Twitter using #30goals as the hashtag
- Got a smartphone?
- Subscribe to the Youtube Channel then click your Youtube icon, go to more, and the most updated videos will be listed under Subscriptions!
Here’s a video showing the process:
The 30 Goals
Here’s an ongoing updated list of the goals as we continue through the journey together!
- Create Your Me Manifesto
- Highlight Your Magical Teaching Moment
- Ask a Learner
- Reveal Their Strengths
- Feed Yourself Inspiration
- Investigate and Instigate Questions
- Make a Global Connection
- Share an Activity or Lesson Idea
- Teaching Ourselves & Them to Overcome
- Spread Your Knowledge (15+ Resources to Bookmark, Aggregate, Curate Info)
- Feel the Weight of Your Impact
- Define & Spread Your Message
- Inspire by Sharing
- Carry a Conversation
- Partner with Parents
- Design a Great Lesson! (20+ Resources & Tips to Find Great Lessons Online)
- Integrate Technology Effectively
- Make a Small Change to Your Curriculum
- Let Them Speak Up
- Incorporate their Interests
- Cultivate Relationships
- Teach Them About Kindness
- Help Them Build Their Self-Efficacy
- Try a Different Approach
- Connect their Learning to their World
- Ignite Their Curiosity
- Let Them Explore
- Change Their Environment
- Grow through Reflection
- Prepare for the Battle
Please fill out this Google Form if you reflected on at least 1 goal so you will be listed in a 30 Goals blog list and on a 30 Goals Twitter list.
Eye on Education will be publishing The 30 Goals Challenge for Educators book available for purchase. Keep an eye out!