Note: Please visit the 2013 Cycle!
Over 7000 educators have joined the The 30 Goals Challenge since January 2010. You have a chance to receive a free autographed copy of the new published book with new goals simply by participating in the journey. Eye on Education will be publishing The 30 Goals Challenge for Educators book that will be available for purchase. Keep an eye out!
Throughout the months of February/ March we will aim to accomplish 30 short-term goals related to education. These are short-term goals we reflect on and see how they help us aim towards long-term goals. We support each other through various social networks. You will also read very short related posts in this blog and at Lisa Dabb’s (@TeachingwthSoul) Teaching With Soul blog. Lisa will be helping support the various social media forums. I’m glad to have her expertise and experience in this area, especially since she had accomplished so much by mentoring new teachers in the #NTChat and through The Educator’s PLN Ning Teacher Mentorship group.
Exciting News!!! If you complete at least 10 goals by posting on any of the following social networks your reflection of one of the goals then your name will be placed in a raffle to win an autographed copy of the book. I also have a special surprise to announce near the end of 2011!
- add a comment in this blog
- add a video blog as a response on The 30 Goals Youtube Playlist
- just record it off your webcam and tell us your thoughts! We’ll add these to the Facebook group and the Twitter feed!
- like and add updates to the 30 Goals Facebook group
- add a comment or link through Twitter using #30goals as the hashtag
- Got a smartphone?
- Download the free 43 Things app and add the 30 Goals as one of your items! This cool web/mobile app allows you to blog about your progress easily
- Subscribe to the podcast through iTunes! Scroll down the page to see the button!
- Subscribe to the Youtube Channel then click your Youtube icon, go to more, and the most updated videos will be listed under Subscriptions!
Here’s a video explaining the process:
The 30 Goals
Here’s a list of the goals as we continue through the journey together!
- Be a Beam
- Re-evaluate Value
- What Do You Believe About Learning?
- Leave it Behind!
- Reflect, Step Back, Act
- Invite Them In!
- Play and Have Fun!
- Rethink Student Behavior and Classroom Management
- Make a Global Connection
- Plant a Seed of Belief
- Give Students Reign
- Engage Parents
- Help Them Reflect on Their Failures
- Build an Ideal Classroom Culture
- Be a Guide
- Change Your Environment
- Help Them Shine!
- Share Your Story
- Avoid Burn-Out
- Share Your Resources
- Encourage Creativity
- Be a Mentor or Find a Mentor
- Integrate Technology Effectively
- Support Character Development
- Build Relationships With Them
- Support a Movement
- Establish a Web Presence
- Teach Digital Citizenship
- Present Your Ideas
- Passion: Pass It On!
- Please fill out this Google Form if you reflected on at least 1 goal this week so your name will be entered into a raffle to win an autographed copy of the book! Also, you will be listed in a 30 Goals blog list and on a 30 Goals Twitter list.