Visit our current cycle at our new home, 30Goals.com
Over 9000 educators have joined the The 30 Goals Challenge since January 2010. You have the opportunity to join our community in accomplishing 1 to 30 goals throughout the year. These are short-term goals we reflect on and see how they help us aim towards long-term goals to make us better educators. We support each other through social networks- our Facebook group, Youtube, Twitter (#30GoalsEdu), and blogs.
How to Participate
- Accomplish the goal of your choice, post a reflection, and share your reflection with the 30 Goals Community.
- You don’t have to accomplish all 30 goals. Feel free to accomplish as many as you’d like. You can choose to accomplish the current goal suggested by 1 of our participants at our site, 30Goals.com or choose a goal from the previous cycles.
- Post your reflection on your blog, in our Facebook group, Youtube, and/or Twitter (#30GoalsEdu).
Join Our Virtual Road Trip!
This year The 30 Goals Challenge is going on an international virtual road trip! Each month the goals and interviews will be hosted on different blogs from our various participants. All the interviews and goals will also be shared on our site, 30Goals.com. Would you like us to visit your site and learn about you and your country? Fill out this form to be part of our road trip. Find out more at http://30goals.com/roadtrip!
The 2011 Cycle
Lisa Dabb’s (@TeachingwthSoul) collaborated with me in this cycle to support new teachers accomplishing the 30 goals. You can find her podcasts and posts at Teaching With Soul. Lisa was an inspiration and is known for mentoring new teachers regularly through #NTChat.
This year we also included vodcasts (video reflections) and podcasts. Listen to these for free!
Here’s a video explaining the 2011 process:
The 2011 Challenges
Congratulations on endearing this journey with me. Here is a list of all the goals we have accomplished together for this cycle.
- Be a Beam
- Re-evaluate Value
- What Do You Believe About Learning?
- Leave it Behind!
- Reflect, Step Back, Act
- Invite Them In!
- Play and Have Fun!
- Rethink Student Behavior and Classroom Management
- Make a Global Connection
- Plant a Seed of Belief
- Give Students Reign
- Engage Parents
- Help Them Reflect on Their Failures
- Build an Ideal Classroom Culture
- Be a Guide
- Change Your Environment
- Help Them Shine!
- Share Your Story
- Avoid Burn-Out
- Share Your Resources
- Encourage Creativity
- Be a Mentor or Find a Mentor
- Integrate Technology Effectively
- Support Character Development
- Build Relationships With Them
- Support a Movement
- Establish a Web Presence
- Teach Digital Citizenship
- Present Your Ideas
- Passion: Pass It On!