“Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” ~ Hilary Cooper
Thank you for another year of inspiration. Your support, participation, collaboration and sharing made 2013 momentous.
I am a goal-oriented person. Each year, I adopt a theme/vision and set goals, action plans, and keynotes that support this theme. In 2013, I adopted the theme, This is My Moment, which was also the theme for Cycle 4 of The 30 Goals Challenge for Educators. I was driven to push boundaries and improve the quality of professional development for teachers worldwide. This entailed developing materials and events that were affordable, valuable, and accessible. The achievements, which were highly collaborative, exceeded my expectations and resulted in me conducting over 60 presentations, workshops, and keynotes for over 10,000 teachers and students worldwide.
Projects and Achievements for 2013/2014
With the help of my Passionate Learning Network (PLN), I:
- provided face to face instruction to over 4000 teachers and students in over 15 cities, 10 states and 4 countries (Slovania, Croatia, UK, and the US).
- provided online instruction to over 8000 teachers in over 80 countries through webinars, courses, and conferences
- developed free materials and ebooks that helped over 300,000 teachers worldwide
- completed the 4th cycle of The 30 Goals Challenge for Educators, which turned out to be one of the most collaborative cycles. In 2014, catch our 5th cycle, Make the Difference, which includes a virtual road trip with participants that will transform your teaching. I am also working with Routledge to publish The 30 Goals Challenge book.
- developed a 5 week free open online course, Crafting the ePerfect eTextbook. Sign-up for free now to collaborate with 100s of teachers worldwide in creating an e-textbook catered to your students and subject matter. We have 15 incredible mentors to help guide you. The course runs from January 13th to February 16th.
- wrote my first ebook with The Round, Learning to Go. Download the free sample and discover how I’m testing the possibilities of digital design. The completed book will feature artwork by John Spencer!
- hosted the 4th Reform Symposium e-Conference with 100+ presentations, keynotes, and musical guests. Watch the recordings and join our Facebook group to find out when #RSCONChat will begin.
- taught 2000+ participants in the ELT Techniques MOOC and 200+ teachers in the 5 week Digital Storytelling for YLs EVO
- developed and taught my first task based, e-portfolio Moodle course with INTEF. Over 100 teachers, new to web tools, took the course and expressed such great gratitude.
- developed my first iTDi course, Language Learning to Go, which will take place March 2014
- received a Bammy Award for #Edchat
In addition to these projects, I was able to help teachers in Slovenia and Croatia integrate Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT) and give workshops and keynotes in Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Nebraska, Las Vegas, San Antonio, New Jersey, Kentucky, Missouri, Washington, D.C., and in the UK.
Free 2014 Resources and Events
The average teacher will impact nearly 3000 individuals. That is why I believe so strongly in these projects. Without your help and support they wouldn’t be effective. I feel very blessed. As a token of thanks I have created this Resource page with links to various free materials and events, Teacherrebootcamp.com/resources, or check out the embedded image below. I’ve also included a video of my 2013 moments. This is a mash-up of moments that were captured by Facebook, Google Plus, and Instagram. Create yours at http://www.intel.com/museumofme/ and http://statigr.am. The song is “Sentiment d ‘amour (Feeling Love)” by Syenta, 2011, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial (3.0).
Video: 2013 Moments
You may want to subscribe for FREE to receive regular updates!