Goal 5 of The 30 Goals Challenge 2012! Click the link to find out more about the new changes to this year’s 30 Goals Challenge for Educators!
Success isn’t a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.~ Arnold H. Glasow
Short-term- Create a list of quotes, songs, images, videos, and more that inspire you to be a great educator. Share this list with us. Then let us know where you will place these sources of inspiration so that you will see them daily and they will fuel you with the passion and motivation to be an inspired educator.
Long-term- You have other personal goals to accomplish. Begin to find sources of inspiration for those goals and place them where you will constantly see them. Begin to have rituals such as running and listening to a playlist that will help inspire you to live life on fire. Have your students create these lists as well and motivate them to feed themselves with inspiration to accomplish their goals.
Ideas of How to Feed Your Inspiration Daily
- Create a collage of your sources of inspiration and hang it on the wall.
- Leave post it notes with inspirational quotes in your car, bathroom wall, or any other place you frequent.
- Have your favorite images and quotes on your screensaver and set it to where it comes on enough times for you to be able see it throughout the day.
- Post these sources of inspirations on your classroom wall.
- Set-up Google alerts with special messages.
- Post the message on your bathroom mirror.
- Place these on the refrigerator.
- Share one of these ideas daily on Facebook.
- This year we are focusing on 1 to 2 goals a week in order to have time to really reflect on the tasks and respond to each other’s posts and enhance our support system for each other.
You may like this post of my sources of inspiration!
Check out my Pinterests for other posts with this goal or ask me to add yours!
Create a list of quotes, songs, images, videos, and more that inspire you to be a great educator.
Did you reflect on this goal? Please leave a comment that you accomplished this goal by either posting your own video reflection on Youtube, using the hashtag #30Goals, posting on the 30 Goals Facebook group, adding a post to the GooglePlus page, or adding a comment below!