Goal 1 of The 30 Goals Challenge 2011
Short-term- Offer a student or other educator you see struggling support. It could be a colleague who is stressed or a student struggling with another subject. Who in your life needs your support?
Long-term- In what ways can we help students learn to support each other throughout the learning process? How can we build a supportive community with the colleagues in our school? How do we get away from the “us” versus “them” mentality?
“You cannot force commitment, what you can do…You nudge a little here, inspire a little there, and provide a role model. Your primary influence is the environment you create.”
by Peter Senge, suggested by John Evans (@joevans)
- Create a Wallwisher to celebrate someone’s birthday, achievement, anniversary, etc!
- Help a teacher with a lesson plan!
- If a student is having a bad day, tell his/her parent something nice!
- Send a message through social media outlets!
- Dedicate a song through BlipFm.
- On Facebook or Twitter send a nice DM showing support.
- Send an e-card wishing a friend well or give them a happy post-it note or a greeting card. My favorite e-greetings site is Care 2 Cards where your card supports a cause.
- Make an Animoto video or Blabberize the message. You can find more services to show appreciation here!
- Try these mobile apps to show appreciation!
Be a beam and show support for a colleague or student by the end of today! Don’t forget to reflect about the goal after you achieved it and share!
Did you reflect on this goal? Please leave a comment that you accomplished this goal by either posting your own video reflection on Youtube, using the hashtag #30Goals, posting on the 30 Goals Facebook group, adding a post to the 43 Things web/mobile app, or adding a comment below! Feel free to subscribe to The 30 Goals podcast!