Over 4600 educators joined the The 30 Goals Challenge for Educators since January 2010. The 2011 journey for The 30 Goals Challenge for Educators begins officially tomorrow, February 1st! Watch the video or listen to the podcast for more details. The reflection will mostly be through video blogging on The 30 Goals Youtube Playlist, podcasting, and supporting each other on various social networks/mobile apps, such as Facebook, Twitter, and 43 Things. You will also read very short related posts in this blog and at Lisa Dabb’s (@TeachingwthSoul) Teaching With Soul blog. Lisa will be helping support the various social media forums. I’m glad to have her expertise and experience in this area, especially since she had accomplished so much by mentoring new teachers in the #NTChat and through The Educator’s PLN Ning Teacher Mentorship group. All these social networks are free. Eye on Education will be publishing The 30 Goals Challenge for Educators book that will be available for purchase. Keep an eye out! I’m super excited to be working with this publisher who has published books by other educators I admire like Larry Ferlazzo and Angela Maiers.
Exciting News!!! If you join the challenge at least once a week by posting on any of the social networks your reflection of one of the goals then your name will be placed in a raffle to win an autographed copy of the book. I also have a special surprise to announce near the end of the challenge!
What is The 30 Goals Challenge?
For the next 30 days a community of educators will aim to accomplish 30 short-term goals related to education. We support each other through various social networks. This year we will go above just blogging! We are incorporating blogging, video blogging (vlogging, vodcast), podcasting, a mobile app (43 Things), microblogging (Twitter), Facebook, and a radio show. You choose which of these free forums you participate in and how much you participate! Feel free to lurk as well!
How Do You Participate!
Choose to participate in any of these free ways! Remember if you participate once a week with a reflection about one of the goals for that week you will be entered in a raffle to win an autographed copy of the book that comes out in the fall of 2011!
- add a comment below
- add a video blog as a response on The 30 Goals Youtube Playlist
- just record it off your webcam and tell us your thoughts! We’ll add these to the Facebook group and the Twitter feed!
- like and add updates to the 30 Goals Facebook group
- add a comment or link through Twitter using #30goals as the hashtag
- Got a smartphone?
- Download the free 43 Things app and add the 30 Goals as one of your items! This cool web/mobile app allows you to blog about your progress easily
- Subscribe to the podcast through iTunes! Scroll down the page to see the button!
- Subscribe to the Youtube Channel then click your Youtube icon, go to more, and the most updated videos will be listed under Subscriptions!
Join the movement and spread the word!
Don’t forget to leave a comment that you accomplished this goal by either posting your own video reflection on Youtube, using the hashtag #30Goals, posting on the 30 Goals Facebook group, adding a post to 43 Things web/mobile app, or simply adding a video or text comment below!