February has been quite a journey as I have traveled and prepared for several upcoming presentations in March. This means you probably have been busy catching up as well and may have missed some of the tips, resources, and tools I have been sharing.
What you might have missed…
Your favorite posts this month based on comments and overall traffic:
- 19 Word Cloud Resources, Tools, & Tips- Perhaps, this was the Wordle scare that drove the traffic to find various uses of word cloud resources in the classroom and Wordle alternatives. This post is part of the Cool Sites series which seems to be a constant favorite.
- ESL/EFL/ELL Carnival- With over 35 entries, this carnival is full of great technology, pedagogy, and teaching advice! Easily subscribe to these posts in one click.
- Reflections on the Alfie Kohn Live Chat- If you missed the Alfie Kohn free live chat, then you may want to check out the video and some of his most memorable quotes, including Alfie Kohn’s passionate speech to President Obama.
- My Favorites-
- At a Loss for Word-le?- In this post, I reflect on why we miss certain technologies like Wordle and Twitter. I asked you what technologies would you miss?
- Education Panel at the 140 Conference in Barcelona- Don’t miss Graham Stanley’s and Nicky Hockley’s views on the digital native. You have to see their Twitter memorabilia as well!
- Favorite What Did They Tweet Series- In this post, our PLN shared with us the TED video- Play is More Than Fun, the high school student video- What Technology Means to me, Clay Burell’s Keynote speech, the 50 Best Blogs for Education Leaders, what happens when you do away with tests, and several contests to receive free technology in the classroom.
- My Favorite Web 2.0 Tools This Month-
- Tagul-In this post, you find some amazing tricks and 15 resources to use in conjunction with Tagul to make any vocabulary lesson an engaging interactive search.
- Vimeo- How can you resist the hi-definition animation videos along with descriptions of how they were made? You also can make videos up to an hour long. This is how I made the Alfie Kohn video. Click here to find my favorite animation videos.
- Wikis- Get your ad free wikipage by visiting wikispaces for educators and Pbworks for educators. Here are my current wikis for your use:
- Children’s English classes- Search by theme for book ideas and games for children ages 4 to 10 years-old.
- Adult English classes- Several topics, tasks, and resources for lower-intermediate to upper-intermediate classes.
- Skype connection between Oklahoma and Germany- We explore the Gold Rush, Trail of Tears, and Manifest Destiny.
- Guest Posts/ Interviews-
- Spare the Cane and Spoil the Child- Sudam Panigrahi writes about corporal punishment in India and in response to a recent beating that killed a student.
- What Do You Do With A Sleeping Student?- Tom King reminds us students often have personal issues that cause their behaviors.
- Twittering Couples Part I- Listen to my interview with Jo Hart and Phil Hart who discuss the unique ways that educators use Twitter.
- If you would like to contribute to this blog, please visit this post for more information.
- Where else you can find me:
- Voki- Read my tips for using this free talking avatar service to help your students engage with your blogs and wikis. This was a guest piece I did on Richard M. Byrne’s Free Technology For Teachers blog.
- I write the weekly summaries for Parentella’s #PTChat, the parent and educator discussion, which occurs every Wednesday at 9pm EST and 9pm PST.
- Learn about Firefox add-ons and extensions by viewing the video of my free Edublogs webinar.
- Visit my upcoming guest post, Children of Immigrants, on Ken Wilson’s blog.
- Where I’ll be this month and next, let’s tweet-up!
- TESOL Greece Conference- I will be visiting Athens, Greece from March 11th-15th. My presentation will be on PLNs.
- ISTEK International ELT Conference in Turkey- I will be visiting Istanbul, Turkey from March 26th- April 2nd. If you are in Europe you can ask me how to get cheap flights. I’ll be presenting on PLNs, digital storytelling, and cultural communication.
- IATEFL Harrogate- I will be visiting Harrogate, UK from April 4th -12th. I will be presenting with Ozge Karaoglu on using digital technologies with young learners.
Thank you so much for your support of my free 30 Goals Challenge E-book. Over 1200 of you have read it and I am truly grateful! Download your free copy here.
What was your favorite post? Leave a comment below!
You may want to subscribe for FREE to receive regular updates!